Methodology for the 2021 Australasian Law Awards
Stage 1 – Nominations
The legal industry is invited to nominate and provide insight into the most outstanding individuals, firms or organisations of the calendar year 2020. All nominations must be made via the online nomination portal on the Australasian Law Awards website. Click on one of the 'nomination buttons' here to start your submission, or click here to suggest a nominee.
To complete a nomination, you’ll be required to:
1. Provide a nomination submission of no more than 650 words following the criteria listed here.
The information you include will be provided to a panel of judges who will vote for the eventual winner in each category.
Examples of suitable information to include are:
- Awards, accolades or specific third-party commendations relevant to the award category
- A general overview of your achievements within the judging period (calendar year 2020)
- Brief details of any other special initiatives undertaken during the judging period
- Qualitative and quantitative information on all measurable success
2. Provide a further summary for publication (max. 100 words) in either bullet point or paragraph format. The summary may be published on the event website and/or in the official winners edition of the Australasian Lawyer e-magazine so please do not include any confidential information.
3. Provide your headshot (for individual nominations) or your company logo (for firms/team nominations)
4. Provide supporting documentation and a media link (this can be a link to a website, a video, a Dropbox folder, etc.). This step is not mandatory
Stage 2 – Research
The Australasian Law Awards team will also conduct research and draw on industry knowledge and information gained through sister publication Australasian Lawyer to supplement and support nominations received and to identify the outstanding firms, teams, individual and deals in each cateogory that will receive an Excellence Award.
Stage 3 – Judging
The Australasian Law Awards team will provide full details of each Excellence Awardee to an independent panel of judges. The panel will assess and score each nomination according to the criteria listed here.
Stage 4 – Winners
Using a simple points system to aggregate judges’ scores, the Excellence Awardee with the highest score in each category will be selected as the Gold Winner. Excellence awardees will be announced in Australasian Lawyer and online channels on 29 April. Gold winners will be announced in a series of breaking news stories from June 15 - June 17, followed by an exclusive comprehensive commemorative guide.