In 2016, Allens' M&A team topped the Thomson Reuters M&A League Tables (both announced and completed deals), topped Bloomberg for deal value and finished second on Mergermarket for deal value.
We advised on the largest deals of the year - all completed in 2016:
- Ausgrid ($16.4bn) – NSW Government on the lease of Ausgrid
- Asciano ($12.6bn) - GIP/Qube consortium on the acquisition of Asciano
- TransGrid ($10.3bn) – NSW Treasury on the 99-year lease of TransGrid
- GIP ($9.7bn) – acquisition of the Port of Melbourne as part of the Lonsdale Consortium
- DUET ($7.3bn) – response to a takeover proposal from CKI
- M2 ($3.8bn) – acquisition of Vocus
- Oil Search ($3bn) – on its bid for InterOil
- Investa Office Fund ($2.7bn) – response to a takeover proposal from Cromwell.
- Recall ($2.6bn) – sale to Iron Mountain.
- BrisConnections ($1.87bn) – trade sale process for the sale of Airport Link motorway to Transurban
- Canberra Data Centres ($1.1bn) – acquisition by Infratil and Commonwealth Super
- Evolution ($880m) – acquisition of a 30% stake in Ernest Henry Mining.
- The Good Guys ($870m) – sale to JB Hi Fi.
- Vocus ($700m) – acquisition of Nextgen Networks.
- Genesee & Wyoming ($1.14bn) – acquisition of Glencore Rail.
- Genesee & Wyoming ($644m) – sale of a 49% stake to MIRA.
- GPT Metro Office Fund ($439m) – sale to Growthpoint Properties Aust.