The AIAA Legal team’s achievements include:
- Positive outcomes on high risk claims matters, assisting AIAA pay over $1billion in valid claims in 2016.
- Lead role on significant and high profile regulatory matters, including review of claims processes to support ASIC’s regulatory review, submissions in the Parliamentary Inquiry into the life insurance industry, and a lead role in the FSC working-group drafting the Life Code to enhance industry-wide processes and outcomes.
- Advised on innovative projects aligned to AIAA’s award winning shared-value strategy, such as: (i) AIA Vitality – an award winning innovation in the Australian life insurance market which rewards healthy lifestyle choices and was named the ‘Life Insurance Product of the Year’; and (ii) an award winning innovative insurance benefit design which aims to reduce premiums and promote rehabilitation and return to work for claimants.
- Contributed to AIAA achieving quality results including the number one position in: (i) the Australian group insurance market, including support on renewal and retention of 10/10 of AIAA’s top group insurance clients (~$1.5billion) and successful tender for Mercer Superannuation Trust (~$90million); and (ii) the Australian retail insurance market for new business sales.
- Confidentially advised on significant inorganic growth opportunities in the life and health insurance industries including corporate restructuring within AIA Group.
- Industry recognition for excellence in numerous individual and team awards including ‘In-house Team of the Year’ finalist in the 2016 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards and ‘Insurance Team of the Year’ finalist in the 2017 Lawyers Weekly Corporate Counsel Awards.