During the period, experts from across Chapman Tripp worked on NZ’s most important and innovative deals, including:
- Vector’s NZ$952.5m sale of its gas business to First State Investment (largest M&A deal completed in NZ in 2016)
- NZ King Salmon’s NZ$77.5m IPO and NZX Main Board and ASX listing (the firm has now acted on 16 of the last 25 IPOs and NZX Main Board listings, more than any other firm)
- one of the few true private project financing transactions in NZ in recent years: Crown Irrigation’s project funding support for the Central Plains Irrigation Scheme project (NZ$219m)
- the most important infrastructure projects including the Pūhoi to Warkworth motorway (a PPP valued at NZ$760m)
- the most significant commercial disputes, which include advising:
o [CONFIDENTIAL] NZ’s largest business enterprise, Fonterra, in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore and brought by French multinational Danone
o EQC on all aspects of its statutory natural disaster insurance obligations (the most significant story in NZ’s litigation markets by a significant margin).
Also during the period:
- the only NZ law firm to place in Mergermarket's top 15 rankings for M&A deal value and count in Australasia
- shortlisted as one of Australasia’s Best Law Firms and a NZ Market Leader in the Financial Review Client Choice Awards, and
- awarded NZ National Law Firm of the Year (2016 IFLR Awards), Law Firm of the Year (2016 KangaNews Awards) and Large Law Firm of the Year (2016 NZ Law Awards).