As Chief Executive Partner, Rob's strategic focus remains on Clayton Utz's key assets - our clients and people. In 2016, Rob led a number of initiatives:
- Guiding Clayton Utz through one of the best revenue growth performances in years - a 3.6% increase from 2015.
- Renewing our client focus through a CEO visitation program, our Voice of Client program and a revamped Client Relationship Management program.
- Formalising our innovation strategy by appointing a Director of Innovation and Innovation Team to identify the best ways to grow our business and address client needs.
- Launching our national graduate program that reinforces high quality and consistent training and experiences.
- Enhancing our parental leave policy by making superannuation contributions on a component of an employee's unpaid parental leave.
- Mainstreaming flexible working by working from home regularly. Subsequently, 48% of our shared services employees and 27% of our lawyers have flexible work arrangements.
- Championing our Diversity and Inclusion strategy, which saw us recognised for the third consecutive year with an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Championing our Pro Bono practice, and participating in initiatives like Movember and The Big Issue's International Vendor Week.
- Advocating dialogue across the firm by engaging in roadshows and employee events. He also launched a Q&A forum where employees engage directly with him. This has resulted in increased confidence in the firm's leadership, with feedback showing 79% of staff had confidence in Rob's decisions.