As our Commercial firm grows, so too does our ability to meet the needs of increasing numbers of Humanitarian clients.
Our Commercial firm is the trusted adviser to a wide range of organisations who want to make a difference through their legal spend across commercial, property and technology/IP law, as well as social impact and not for profit law. Our enviable client list continued to grow in 2016 and includes ASX200 companies, multinationals, governments, social impact financiers and not for profit organisations.
Key achievements in 2016 included:
- Reappointed to the NSW Government Legal Services Panel in the area of Property Law and appointed for the first time to the Commercial & Contracts Law sub-panel.
- Over 36,055 hours of pro bono advice and assistance in the 2016 financial year and clocked over 17,700 free humanitarian cases in December 2016.
- Expanded to cover 15 locations between Sydney and Brisbane, plus a free national telephone service for people in rural and remote areas.
- Opened a new free Asylum Seeker Centre in August 2016 which completed approx. 150 appointments (equating to 1497 hours) in the first 4 months of operation.
- Surpassed 40 employees and over 220 volunteers.
- Launched our innovative and unique employee wellbeing program, ‘Flourishment’.
- New clients in 2016 included Australia Post, Wests Tigers Rugby League Club, Wesley Mission, the Catholic, Anglican, Uniting and Seventh-day Adventist Churches, Barnardos Australia, NSW Trustee & Guardian, NSW Department of Industry, Bank Australia, McWilliam’s Wines, ASIC and Far East Organization.